By Melissa Wall for HowAboutWe
When it comes to the definition of cheating, just about the only thing that all couples agree on is that if you have sex with someone else, that counts (and even then, it all depends on the kind of relationship you have). Still, in an era of digital personalities and cyber-encounters, there are myriad different ways to get into a cheating gray area. Like Facebook messaging exes. Or going into sexy chatrooms. Or sending R-rated texts.
So what is “cheating,” and what is not? The answer, of course, is purely subjective, and depends on the comfort level of each person in the relationship. Still, it’s always good to know what everyone else thinks.
And thus the Huffington Post, in partnership with YouGov, set out to poll 1,000 U.S. adults about what they consider to be adulterous behavior. Here are some highlights of the findings:
– 60% say it’s cheating if you form a “deep emotional connection” with someone else.
– 48% would consider it cheating if their partner kissed someone else on the lips.
– 24% said messaging an ex on Facebook equals cheating.
– 24% would consider it cheating if their partner went to a strip club.
– 79% of respondents said sending sexy texts or photos to someone else is cheating.