- Make it all about you. One of the fastest ways to turn off a guy is to rattle on about your day, your friends, your family – all without asking him a single question. Go for a conversation, not a monologue, and leave room for him to listen and respond.
- Make it all about him. It shouldn’t be a one-sided interrogation, either. Steer clear of 20 Questions so that he doesn’t feel like he’s in the hot seat.
- Scan the room. If you’re constantly surveying your surroundings, he’s going to feel like he’s not good enough – and that you’re not worth the time. Maintain eye contact to show your interest and let him know that you care about what he has to say.
- Say you’re a “guy’s girl.” Bragging that you’re just one of the guys will make him think that you can’t get along with other girls. (Talk about a red flag.) Step back and see what you’re really trying to express, whether it’s your love for sports or your low-key attitude.
- Chug your drinks. It’s fine to sip your drink throughout the interaction, but if you’re looking for lasting love, avoid any top-to-bottom swigs. Drinking heavily can send the wrong signal and you’re likely to ruin your conversation skills. Read More
Also On 93.1 WZAK: