If you are trying to turn your friends-with-benefits situation into something more you really ought to look at where you fall in this dynamic. Is he flexting (flirt-texting) all day or just hitting you up post 11:00 PM? Do you always instigate your meet-ups or is it 50/50? Most importantly: has he given you any indication that he wants to move things beyond the bedroom?
These may include:
1. He introduced you to a number of his friends (one doesn’t count)
2. He stopped talking about his ex a while ago
3. You had brunch and/or watched morning TV instead of one of you just rolling out of bed and leaving
4. He has made it extremely clear he’s not seeing other people
5. He’s mentioned you in the future tense of “if you were my girlfriend…”