The retail giant alleges that the design “is likely to cause confusion, mistake and deception” which could result in consumers wrongly associating the Yeezy brand with Walmart.
A trademark application for the new Yeezy logo, made up of eight dotted lines, was filed in January 2020. The rapper’s company says their logo was inspired by “rays of the sun.”
YOU BE THE JUDGE: COMPARE BOTH LOGOS HERE
The Walmart logo, made up of six rays in a circle “to resemble a spark,” was approved by the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2008.
Kanye’s team has yet to publicly address the situation. Walmart, however, said they wrote West’s company in July 2020, August 2020, January 2021 and February 2021.
“Walmart has repeatedly sought to understand Yeezy’s planned use of the Yeezy Application, with the goal of finding ways in which the Walmart Spark Design and the Yeezy Application can co-exist with one another,” the letter said. “However, to date, we have not received any conclusive information from Yeezy regarding the planned use or any cooperation from Yeezy in order to find common ground.”
Kanye Demands Apology From Drake and J. Cole in Latest Twitter Rant
1.1 of 7
2.2 of 7
3.3 of 7
4.4 of 7
5.5 of 7
6.6 of 7
7.7 of 7
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Submit Now: Are You Cleveland’s Best Mother/Child Duo?
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- LOCAL NEWS: Budweiser Truck Crashes into a House on Cleveland’s Far West Side
- LOCAL NEWS: Dennis Kucinich a Frontrunner in Poll on 2021 Cleveland Mayoral Election
- LOCAL NEWS: Cleveland City Councilman Basheer Jones The Latest to Run for Mayor
- LOCAL NEWS: Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson Announces He Will NOT Pursue Re-Election
- Gary’s Tea: Chris Brown Said No Darkies At His Birthday Party, Allegedly Asks Dark Skin Woman To Leave
- Georgia Judge Sets Trial Date In Ahmaud Arbery Murder Case
- The Bijou Star Files: The ‘Unpopular’ Opinion That Had To Be Had Shared
- Lyfe Jennings Reveals The Real Reason He Did ‘Love And Hip Hop’ Ahead Of ‘Unsung’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- SWV vs Xscape, Take The Quiz to Find Out Who Is Your Favorite
- Witness Offers Chilling New Details About Pop Smoke Murder
Walmart Vs Kanye? Retail Giant Files Complaint Over New Yeezy Logo was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com