According to NBC4i, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost has announced a civil lawsuit against railroad company Norfolk Southern. In the announcement, Yost called the incident at a press conference “entirely avoidable.”
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
When commenting on Norfolk Southern Yost stated “This derailment was completely avoidable, The fallout from this highly preventable accident is going to reverberate through Ohio and Ohioans for many years to come.” Yost also claimed that Norfolk Southern put profits over the people’s safety.
The lawsuit also states that Ohio is seeking Norfolk Southern to cover damages, including environmental impacts and the impacts on Ohioans.
Watch the press conference below:
- Urban One Inc’s Reach Media Announces R&B Superstar Ralph Tresvant of New Edition as Host of “Love and R&B”
- Get Your Tickets to the Straight Jokes! No Chaser Comedy Tour!
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- ‘What Goes Around Comes Around’: Civil Right Leaders React To Trump’s Criminal Indictment
- Black Voters Matter Head To Houston To Educate College Students About Critical Voting Issues
- Trump Indicted By Manhattan Grand Jury, First Former POTUS To Face Criminal Charges
- NY Grand Jury Votes To Indict Donald Trump In Stormy Daniels Hush Money Probe: Report
- See How LeBron Became LeBron In The First Look Of The New Peacock Film ‘Shooting Stars’
- Breaking Down The Cultural Significance Of The Word ‘Dope’
- Work It! Missy Elliott Will Guest Star In Cartoon Network’s Hit Series ‘Craig of the Creek’ [Sneak Peek]
- Water Planet Worker Arrested For Taking A Wiz In The Water
- The Bijou Star Files: Michael Sterling Wants To ‘Fight’ For Eva
- Teyana Taylor Say’s Adoption Shouldn’t Be A Mothers Ending
Ohio Pursues Lawsuit Against Norfolk Southern was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Prayers: Singer Will Downing Shared The Passing of His Daughter
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG
Ohio School District Approves 4-Day School Weeks
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Here's What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
Amherst School Bus Driver Quits After Video Cursing at Students Goes Viral
Police Identify Man Found Dead Under West 25th Street Bridge in Cleveland
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex '4 Times a Night for 23 Years'