According to NBC4i, The 2021 Ohio State Fair will not be open to the public this summer, and will focus instead on agricultural and educational competitions, according to a statement.
The Ohio Expositions Commission said they were concerned for public health, and could not justify the cost of adhering to current safety protocols.
“Where we are today in this (COVID-19) battle makes it challenging to plan a large-scale entertainment event, not knowing where we will be, or what Ohio will look like, in late July,” said General Manager Virgil Strickler.
The 2022 Ohio State Fair is slated for July 27 – August 7, when rides, concerts, entertainers, live music, food vendors, and shopping are expected to return.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- ‘Why Am I Being Treated Like This?’: Virginia Police Draw Guns, Pepper Spray Black Lieutenant During Traffic Stop
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Progress From #HottieBootcamp And Has Us Asking For The Ab Routine!
- Rosie Perez Says She Was Never Asked to Attend the Oscars Since Her Nomination in the Mid-1990’s
- Dr. Pepper Unveils New “Zero Sugar” Soda Flavors!
- Celeb Stylist SuperDope Q Adds Vibrancy To Black Hair With “HAIR DOPE”
- Proposed Texas Law Based on ‘Big Lie’ Advances Out of Committee
- Mictic’s Wearable Musical Device Allows You To Make Music Without Actual Instruments
- Partial Ban On No Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- ‘Claiming Our Power, Resilience and Liberation’: The 4th Annual National Black Maternal Health Week
- #RIPDMX: In Honor Of The Legendary Dark Man X AKA DMX [Playlist]
The Ohio State Fair Is Happening But Unlike Years Past was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com