It has been a tough month for Hip-Hop fans. Just one week after losing Yonkers rapper DMX, news broke that former Bad Boy artist Black Rob died of kidney failure at age 52. A memorial celebrating Rob’s life and music has been set for Friday (April 30), and will be streamed on Diddy’s REVOLT TV.
On Tuesday (April 27) artist and personal friend of Black Rob, Mark Curry, confirmed news of the planned memorial via Instagram.
“Join us as we gather to share our favorite stories and memories, to laugh and to cry in memory of our beloved Robert ‘Black Rob’ Ross,” Curry wrote in the caption. “We will always love you!! YouTube.com/RevoltTV.”
Rob’s health had been on the decline for some time now, and the rapper shared an update with fans just days before his passing.
“I’ve been dealing with this for five years,” Rob said in a video message. In addition to failing health, the rapper went on to detail his struggles with securing a home.
“Four strokes … I don’t got no house to live in — except maybe an apartment. Me and my man be trying to get together. I’m telling you man, this s–t is strange. It’s hard, you know what I’m saying? I don’t know what the people want to do, what the people going to say. I need some rest, man. Really, man. I need some rest. My side is killing me.”
Before signing to Bad Boy, Rob was part of a rap team named Alumni. His solo album, Life Story, debuted in 1999. The album featured the single “Whoa!” which went on to become his highest charting Billboard appearance.
Rob’s Homegoing Celebration will stream this Friday at 9 a.m. EST on REVOLT.
Dr Dre Gives Fans Update on Social Media
1.1 of 7
2.2 of 7
3.3 of 7
4.4 of 7
5.5 of 7
6.6 of 7
7.7 of 7
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Submit Now: Are You Cleveland’s Best Mother/Child Duo?
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- LOCAL NEWS: Budweiser Truck Crashes into a House on Cleveland’s Far West Side
- LOCAL NEWS: Dennis Kucinich a Frontrunner in Poll on 2021 Cleveland Mayoral Election
- LOCAL NEWS: Cleveland City Councilman Basheer Jones The Latest to Run for Mayor
- LOCAL NEWS: Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson Announces He Will NOT Pursue Re-Election
- Gary’s Tea: Chris Brown Said No Darkies At His Birthday Party, Allegedly Asks Dark Skin Woman To Leave
- Georgia Judge Sets Trial Date In Ahmaud Arbery Murder Case
- The Bijou Star Files: The ‘Unpopular’ Opinion That Had To Be Had Shared
- Lyfe Jennings Reveals The Real Reason He Did ‘Love And Hip Hop’ Ahead Of ‘Unsung’ [EXCLUSIVE]
- SWV vs Xscape, Take The Quiz to Find Out Who Is Your Favorite
- Witness Offers Chilling New Details About Pop Smoke Murder
Date Confirmed For Black Rob Memorial, Here’s Where You Can Watch was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com