According to NBC4i, Mayor Andrew Ginther officially announced Elaine Bryant is the new chief of the Columbus Division of Police.
Bryant appeared next to Ginther and Safety Director Ned Pettus at the announcement Wednesday.
With her mother looking on in the audience, Bryant said her 21-year career has been both rewarding and heartbreaking.
In her first address to CPD officers, Bryant said that establishing trust between police and community members is the first order of business under her leadership.
In a press release Mayor Ginther stated, “It is with great pride and enthusiasm that I announce Elaine Bryant as our City’s next chief of police,” said Mayor Ginther. “She is a transformational leader with sound judgment and considerable experience, an effective advocate for change whose actions are rooted in compassion, empathy and engagement with those whom she serves and leads. I am confident that she is the right leader at the right time for the City of Columbus.”
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- 16-Year-Old Cleveland Mom Accused of Killing Newborn Twins on House Arrest
- Bill Cosby Sued For Rape in Los Angeles County
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals She’s Not Releasing New Music Until She’s “In A Better Place”
- Special K News You Can’t Use: Nicknames Gone Too Far [LISTEN]
- Haters Are Review Bombing ‘The Little Mermaid’ & It’s Pretty Obvious Why
- Thembi Mawema Shares The Pros And Cons Of Her Position As The Director Of Social Content For The Shade Room
- Rapper Lil Durk Blesses A Homeless Fan
- Tupac Shakur Will Receive His California Love On HWOF
- The Bijou Star Files: Stephanie Mills Got Halle Bailey’s Back
- Funeral Details Set For Cyrus Carmack-Belton As Killer’s Violent Past Surfaces
Mayor Ginther Appoints Columbus First Black Female Police Chief was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Prayers: Singer Will Downing Shared The Passing of His Daughter
Offset Exposes Cardi B’s Buns via Instagram Story
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
DONNA SUMMER: Twelve Facts You Didn't Know About "The Queen of Disco"