According to NBC4i, leaders of Ohio’s Democratic party spoke at the Ohio Statehouse Sunday at a rally two days after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
In Ohio, the heartbeat bill was put into law in the state Friday. The bill prohibits abortions after the first detectable fetal heartbeat, which can happen as early as six weeks into pregnancy.
“We got an out-of-touch legislature and a really out-of-touch governor who have been spending their entire careers to take away a right,” Whaley said.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- New Study Reveals Black Women Are Struggling Financially In Today’s Economy
- What Happened To Brianna Grier? Family Releases Pathology Report
- Grand Jury Won’t Indict Woman Who’s Lie Caused Emmett Till’s Death
- The Bijou Star Files: Kim K. Tells Ye ‘TAKE THAT POST DOWN’
- Fat Joe Say’s Irv Gotti Is A Sucka For His Ashanti Comments
- Hot Spot: This Is How Whoopi Goldberg Got Her Name! [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Serena Williams Announces Retirement + Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers Get Life In Prison
- Watch Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Be Super Thirsty For Megan Thee Stallion
- Fetty Wap Arrested, Bond Revoked, After Threatening Man on Facetime
- Serena Williams Announces Approaching Retirement From Tennis in VOGUE
Ohio Democrats speak at statehouse rally on Supreme Court abortion ruling was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com